Especially in this case, because she is far from alone. We all have bad days, of course, but in the US the frequency is rising and the causes of bad days are multiplying as well.
Excuses or reasons include not getting enough sleep, work stress, issues at home with family, the kids, money issues, disatisfaction with life, a favorite sports team losing, your boss...there's no shortage of "reasons" for bad days.
But how can we turn these situations around so they don't leave us defeated and ineffective?
One idea that many successful people have employed is to make a Happy List. Ok, they might not call it that, and for many it's a mental list more than a written one - but the concept is the same and simple - a Happy List is a list of things, places, actions, activities that bring you Joy and can turn your mood around almost instantly.
What would you put on your Happy List?
Keep it simple and make sure it's quickly doable in most any situation.
- Going to the Gym for a good workout
- Reading a positive and empowering book
- Watching or listening to something positive and motivating
- Talking a walk outside in the fresh air, or to a park, or to a nearby lake or beach
- Making a Gratitude list of all the good things in your life
- Planning a lunch or drink meetup with a good, cheerful friend
Other ideas? Leave a comment and share how you turn your day around after a negative situation!