- Research potential job openings and institutions: Begin by identifying the institutions and academic programs where you would like to work. Look for job openings that match your qualifications and interests, and make a list of potential opportunities.
- Prepare your application materials: Most colleges and universities will require you to submit a cover letter, a resume or CV, and a teaching statement as part of your application. You may also need to provide transcripts, letters of recommendation, and writing samples.
- Submit your application: Follow the application instructions for each job opening you are interested in. Be sure to include all required materials and follow any formatting guidelines.
- Participate in the interview process: If your application is selected for further consideration, you may be invited to participate in an interview with the hiring committee. This may be an in-person interview, a phone interview, or a video interview.
- Wait for a decision: After the interview process is complete, the hiring committee will review all the candidates and make a final decision. If you are offered the job, you will typically be given a timeline for accepting or declining the offer.
The process of applying for a job as a college or university instructor typically involves the following steps:
Coach Baez has helped hundreds of clients level up their careers and lives. In this blog he shares some of his best tips and lessons learned through his years of coaching.