So I'm going to give you a brief rundown on how I work with my clients to prepare them for the job search process, so they're substantially more confident, marketable, and seen as a top candidate amidst a flurry of hundreds, if not thousands of other applicants for jobs.
Now, the finer aspects of the coaching process are probably different for every coach, so don't expect this type of guidance wherever you go. But here's the overall process for someone working with me through every step (full coaching).
Before we start the coaching process, a few things commonly happen -
- You seek help - You decide to seek help with your job search or a sudden career opportunity.
- You find me - You find me online or a friend recommends working with me.
- You contact me, and I learn about your situation in one of two ways -
(a) You fill out my short questionnaire - Coaching Intake Form for
(b) You message me and plan a short call to discuss your situation and how I can help
- We then decide where you need help and I follow up with package options that works best for you, with a link to paypal to cover it. Most clients often ask for one of the following:
- A Professional Resume Update or
- A Full Coaching Package (Job Search, Resume, Cover Letter, Interview Prep, etc)
If you need assistance through the full job search process and materials as well, we follow the full coaching cycle as shown.
- Self Assessment - (Initial Meeting) In our first coaching call or meeting, we review your intake form and current situation, and document the skills, talents, and experiences you have to offer, and discuss overall life goals (health, wealth, career, and happiness.)
- Career Exploration - We will then do market research to identify jobs/careers you might be interested in pursuing and identify opportunities and gaps.
- Goal Setting and Planning - (2nd Meeting) Based on the results of our research we will set short job goals and long term career goals that align with your life goals.
- Marketing Materials - We will gather all your materials and optimize them to reflect your best offerings and align with your targets top needs.
- Job Search and Networking - I will provide you with a job search strategy and tips for expanding and improving your network.
- Interview Preparation - (3rd Meeting) We will prepare you for all the standard interview questions, as well as industry specific questions that will most likely be asked, and I will teach you a strategy to answer any question that comes up using a 3-part model.
- Review Progress and Calibrate - (followup call) - In this final step, we will review your successes and challenges, and adjust your strategy based on what we've learned so far, to get you more interviews and offers. We continue these followup calls weekly for the remainder of the 6-week total package. This can be extended as needed.
If you have questions, please message me through the Live Chat & Support at the bottom of the page - it's a free service for you that connects to my phone directly, 24/7.
With that, I look forward to working with you to achieve your career goals!